Presenting your Research Talks & Posters
Di. 21.01.2020, 09:30-17:30 Uhr
At international conferences, research presentations can be divided into the classic conference talk and the poster session. In these presentations, researchers need to present their arguments and messages clearly and effectively so that the audience can understand and remember the key information.
In this seminar we will use a range of interactive activities and feedback to develop your rhetorical skills and presentation competence for presenting your research effectively. Here we will also look at areas such as body language, voice, arguments, and an audience-friendly structure for your listeners.
The training will provide you with a framework for developing your own talks and applying rhetorical techniques to highlight key messages more clearly. The interactive format gives participants the opportunity to prepare and deliver short presentations as well as practice in dealing with difficult questions.
- Structuring your talk
- How to connect with your audience
- Developing your research argument
- Emphasizing key information
- Creating a catchy introduction and clear conclusion
- How a poster session is different to a classic paper talk
By the end of the seminar, you will be able to:
- Ensure a clearer structure in your talks to help make your messages stand out
- Apply suitable rhetorical techniques for transmitting your messages
- Adopt an appropriate style for interacting with your audience
- Adopt a clear format for your visuals
- Deal more competently with difficult questions
Dieser Kurs ist für das Zertifikat Hochschullehre der bayerischen Universitäten (Aufbaustufe) mit folgenden Arbeitseinheiten (AE) anrechenbar:
Bereich B (Präsentation und Kommunikation): 8 AE
Dozent: Tim Korver
Veranstaltungsort: Amalienstraße 17, Rückgebäude, Seminarraum 1. Stock